CDL A or CDL B Driver, Driveaway Contractor
No truck? No problem! Avoid costly truck repairs and high insurance costs by driving OUR customers' vehicles to their final destination.
Are you looking for flexibility but also wanting to make fast money? Pay is per mile, per job. You choose the jobs that work for you!
WE ARE HIRING NOW! Apply today!
RoadRunner Driveaway’s mission is to provide our customers with timely, reliable, and safe transportation of their vehicles and equipment across town or across the nation. With over 30 years’ experience in delivery of customer vehicles, we understand the inherent challenges faced in relocating equipment and provide the ultimate solution for our customers.
RoadRunner Driveaway is currently seeking CDL A or CDL B Independent Contract Drivers to transport commercial vehicles and equipment. We move buses, box trucks, cement mixers, and other commercial vehicles throughout the United States. We are typically taking a commercial vehicle from a manufacturer and delivering it to their final customer. This is NOT a local driver job. Most jobs are one-way but, when possible, we will try to line you up a return job.
Driver must be able to get to Lees Summit, MO or Tulsa, OK if they have no previous driveaway experience. Pay is per mile, per trip via a chipped Comdata account card. Drivers are paid a portion up front and a portion when the delivery is completed and required paperwork has been successfully submitted. We are offering different pay scales to work with every driver. We are starting at $1.35 a mile with some extra incentives, and fuel is the driver's responsibility. We also have another option at $0.70 cents per mile with all fuel reimbursed with correct receipts submitted.
- At least 21 years of age
- A Class A or Class B Commercial Driving License (CDL) with airbrake endorsement
- Current valid Medical Examiners Card (MEC) and ability to pass DOT drug screen
- Minimum of 3 years of commercial driving experience, driveaway experience is preferred
- Familiarity with sending signed documents via pdf format using CAM Scan or similar applications
- Experience using electronic DOT logs
- Organizational skills to retain receipts and all required paperwork
- Drivers who can drive both automatic and standard transmission will be top priority
- No DUI or DWI convictions in a commercial vehicle ever
- No DUI or DWI in a private vehicle in the past ten years
- No more than two (2) moving violations in a three (3) year period
- No more than two (2) accidents in the last three (3) years (regardless of fault)
Our CDL Drivers love the variety of working with RoadRunner because they get to drive different commercial vehicles to different locations around the country. Job specific contracts give our CDL Drivers the ability to choose jobs that work for them.
Please apply today and start driving asap! You can learn more about what we do at www.roadrunnerdriveaway.com or by visiting us on Facebook or Linked In.'
- On the road
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract
Pay: $20,000.00 - $85,000.00 per year
- Flexible schedule
- Monday to Friday
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Commercial driving: 3 years (Preferred)
- Class A CDL or Class B CDL (Required)
- Physical card/Medical Examiner's Certificate (Required)
Work Location: On the road