Amazon Picker Packer
Amazon Westerville, Ohio
amazon amazon warehouse safety fulfillment team carts customer returns driver training production accommodation logistics
July 10, 2022
- Amazon Fulfillment Center Warehouse Associate
- Youll be part of the Amazon warehouse team that gets orders ready for customers relying on Amazon services.
- Our fast-paced, physical roles take place in a variety of areas including merch, make-on-demand, customer returns, Prime Now, and general fulfillment.
- You will be selecting, packing, and shipping orders in some cases, for our super-fast (2-hour or less) delivery service.
- Duties & Responsibilities
- Some of your duties may include:Receive and put away inventoryGet customer orders ready and pack them upLoad boxes into trucks for shipmentUse scanners to read bar codes on productsView prompts on screens and follow the direction for some tasksTroubleshoot problemsEnsure product meets quality requirementsOperate power industrial trucks (PIT) such as a forklift or pallet driver, and work at heights up to 35 feet.
- Equipment training and certification are provided free of cost.
- You'll also need to be able to:Lift up to 49 poundsPush utility carts up to 60 poundsStand, walk, push, pull, squat, bend, and reach during shiftsUse carts, dollies, hand trucks, and other gear to move items aroundGo up and down stairs (where applicable)Work at a height of up to 40 feet on a mezzanine (where applicable)Adhere to strict safety, quality, and fulfillment production standards What it's like at an Amazon Fulfillment Center Safety.
- Your safety is important to us, so we provide protective gear.
- All teams share safety tips daily.
- Youll be working around moving machines order pickers, stand-up forklifts, turret trucks, and mobile carts.
- Some activities may require standing in one place for long periods, walking around, or climbing stairs.
- Even with climate controls, temperatures can vary between 60F and 90F in some parts of the warehouse; on hot days, temperatures can be over 90F in the truck yard or inside trailers.
- It can get noisy at times.
- We provide hearing protection if you need it.
- Relaxed, with a few rules to follow for safety.
- Comfortable, closed-toe shoes are required.
- Depending on the role or location, Amazon provides a $110 Zappos gift code towards the purchase of shoes, in order to have you prepared for your first day on the job.
- Why Youll Love this Job Stay busy.
- You and your team are engaged the entire shift.
- Depending on where you work, schedules may include full-time (40 hours), reduced-time (30-36 hours) or part-time (20 hours or less), all with the option of working additional hours if needed.
- Work when it works for you.
- Shifts may include overnight, early morning, day, evening, and weekend.
- You can even have four-day workweeks, three-day weekends and with , you can work as little as four hours per week.
- Anytime Pay. You can instantly cash out up to 70% of your earnings immediately after your shift (for select employee groups).
- Learn more about
- We have made a pledge to upskill our employees and offer a variety of free training and development programs, and we also have tuition support options for select employee groups.
- See where your Amazon journey can take you.
- Depending on the role and location, youll learn: how to operate a garment press and high-capacity printer, a t-shirt folding machine, how to assist with the print production process, or how to receive and process customer returns.
- Depending on the role and location, well teach you how to drive power industrial trucks (PIT) such as forklifts or a pallet driver, how the printing process works, and how to work with the latest Amazon technology including robots.
- Work on small or large teams that support each other.
- Why You'll Love Amazon
- Many of our jobs come with great benefits including healthcare, parental leave, ways to save for the future, and opportunities for career advancement all in a safe and inclusive environment thats been ranked among the best workplaces in the world.
- How To Get Started
- You can begin by applying above.
- If you need help with your application or to learn more about our hiring process, you can find support here: /.
- If you have a disability and need an accommodation during the application and hiring process, including support for the New Hire Event, or need to initiate a request prior to starting your Day 1, please visit or contact the Applicant-Candidate Accommodation Team (ACAT).
- You can reach us by phone at 888
- Monday through Friday, between 6 a.m. and 4 p.m. PT.
- Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
- Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
- Associated topics: clerk, coordinator, crane, entry level, logistics support, logistics technician, operator warehouse, trainee, unloading, warehouse support
Report this job