Amazon Sortation Center Distribution Center Associate
Amazon Belmont, North Carolina
amazon distribution amazon safety team warehouse journey carts accommodation rate sorting scanning pallets
June 17, 2022
Belmont, North Carolina
- Pay rate: Up to $15
- You'll be part of the dedicated Amazon team that is the first stop on the journey from the warehouse.
- Our fast-paced, physical roles take place in a sortation center.
- You will be sorting, scanning, and stacking packages on pallets, helping to get customer orders ready for delivery.
- Because most of the shifts are part-time, you are in control of your schedule choosing shifts that work best for you now and the ability to adjust your schedule in the future, as needed.
- Duties & Responsibilities
- Some of your duties may include:Receive and sort inventoryGet customer orders ready for deliveryUse technology like scanners, computers, and handheld printers
- You'll also need to be able to:Lift up to 49 poundsStand, walk, push, pull, squat, bend, and reach during shiftsUse carts, dollies, hand trucks, and other gear to move items aroundGo up and down stairs (where applicable)Work at a height of up to 40 feet on a mezzanine (where applicable)What it's like at an Amazon Sortation Center Safety.
- Your safety is important to us, so we provide protective gear.
- All teams share safety tips daily.
- You'll be working around moving machines - order pickers, stand-up forklifts, turret trucks, and mobile carts.
- Some activities may require standing in one place for long periods, walking around, or climbing stairs.
- Even with climate controls, temperatures can vary between 60 F and 90 F in some parts of the warehouse; on hot days, temperatures can be over 90 F in the truck yard or inside trailers.
- It can get noisy at times.
- We provide hearing protection if you need it.
- Relaxed, with a few rules to follow for safety.
- Comfortable, closed-toe shoes are required.
- Depending on the role or location, Amazon provides a $110 Zappos gift code towards the purchase of shoes, in order to have you prepared for your first day on the job.
- Why You'll Love this Job Stay busy.
- You and your team are engaged the entire shift.
- Depending on where you work, schedules may include full-time (40 hours), reduced-time (30-36 hours) or part-time (20 hours or less), all with the option of working additional hours if needed.
- Work when it works for you.
- Shifts may include overnight, early morning, day, evening, and weekend.
- You can even have four-day workweeks, three-day weekends - and with Anytime Shifts, you can work as little as four hours per week.
- Anytime Pay. You can instantly cash out up to 70% of your earnings immediately after your shift (for select employee groups).
- Learn more about Anytime Pay
- We have made a pledge to upskill our employees and offer a variety of free training and development programs, and we also have tuition support options for select employee groups.
- See where your Amazon journey can take you.
- Depending on the role and location, you'll learn how to use the latest Amazon technology - including handheld devices and robotics.
- Work on small or large teams that support each other.
- Why You'll Love Amazon
- Many of our jobs come with great benefits - including healthcare, parental leave, ways to save for the future, and opportunities for career advancement - all in a safe and inclusive environment that's been ranked among the best workplaces in the world.
- How To Get Started
- You can begin by applying above.
- If you have a disability and need an accommodation during the application and hiring process, including support for the New Hire Event, or need to initiate a request prior to starting your Day 1, please visit or contact the Applicant-Candidate Accommodation Team (ACAT).
- You can reach us by phone at 888
- Monday through Friday, between 6 a.m. and 4 p.m. PT.
- Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
- Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
- Keywords: Warehouse Worker, Location: Charlotte, NC - 28206
Report this job